Re: [coldsync-hackers] speed

This is great! I'll try to write a clean conduit that may be used as a
starting point to write more of these in C.

Yes, please. I'd hate to see my little hacks become a standard of some kind.
They don't use getopt(), the header handling is horrible (and, actually,
has some blatant bugs), and I deliberatly didn't work with records more
complicated than memo because I didn't want to get into application record
structures, endianness, and all that stuff.

The header handling : I'm not that used to writing super-clean code (it's not a mess though...) and I guess that's why I can't really see the problem with the header handling. It seems quite fast, and it reads everything into arrays. The only thing I would improve here is to split the name and the data of the header into a 2 dimensional array. What should it be able to do according to you so I can make a clearer picture in my mind of what "clean" code is? :-)