[coldsync-hackers] Re: m105

Alex Tronin wrote:

>As I said, you can install netsync and you will
>be all set with networking.

You are correct.  I have made a PPP connection using
the serial cradle and the m105 and hotsynced via
networking.  I had to do start on my Linux box and
point the primary PC to the win32 box.  I originally
wanted to keep the cradle on the win32 box and network
to the Linux box, perhaps I will give mesasoft's win
ppp a try.

Just for the geek factor, I have loaded a telnet
program and plan on trying the Palm VNC version too.

I have only tried coldsync 1 time on the win32 box
and did not sync via networking; but I am sure I have
more config'ing to do.

Just FYI, I have the pppd command it takes to connect
to the pda and the 'iptables' commands it takes to
FORWARD/SNAT the tcp packets into the network.

I am not sure exactly what pi-csd does, but with
iptables, I did not have to use it.

Thx for everyones great advice,
--
rodney

=====
--
"A smile is the shortest distance between two people."
Victor Borge