Re: Re[2]: [coldsync-hackers] Coldsync compatibility with Palm OS5?

On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 10:13:00 +0400
spied@yandex.ru wrote:

> >> I do not see anywhere that ColdSync is compatible with
> >> Palm OS 5. Are there any plans to allow ColdSync to
> >> work with Palm OS 5 PDA's?
>
> AZ> I know it works with the Zire 71. It should work with the Tungsten T too...
>
> i need get snum from palmos5 devices. it's possible?

 Not easily. Not all OS5 devices are equipped with the serial num.

 The TT has one, but doesn't support the old way of retrieving it and i'm not
 aware of a new method. You can get it from the USB layer, but is quite
separate from ColdSync, since it's implemented in the kernel driver.

 Your best bet would be to modify the libusb module of coldsync
to support the Tungsten T and pass the serial number to the upper layer.

--

 Best regards,

 Alessandro Zummo,
  Tower Technologies - Turin, Italy