[coldsync-hackers] CVS update

 Hello hackers,

   I've been very busy in the last months and unable to follow the mailing list.
 If anyone of you has not received an answer from me, just drop me a note
 and i'll do my best to provide one.

 A lot of changes happened in the CVS in the last few days,
   I'm going to describe some...

 I only tested these new features with a Zire71 and an m505/OS4.1,
 so I'll appreciate every succes/failure report.

 You HAVE TO use the CVS version of coldsync to benefit of all
 those goodies.

 * A new option, use_card_serial, has been implemented in order
 to have an unique serial number on handhelds without a flash rom.

 When this option is active, coldsync will try to read the serial
 number of the SD/MCC card, if present, but only if the serial number
 in ROM can't be read.

 * Christophe Beauregard commited several new conduits
 and a new module, ColdSync::PDB, for an easier interfacing
 with remote databases.

 * VFS support has been there for months, but noone ever had the
 time to write a conduit. I've added two example conduits to read
 and write to VFS cards. These two conduits can only transfer
 a file at once and you need to edit them to suit your needs.

 They're meant as a starting point for willing developers to implement
 a full-featured vfs install conduit.

 Ths vfs-install conduit should read the files to install from
 ~/.palm/vfs/install and upload them in the right destination directory.
 Once uploaded, they should either deleted or moved in another directory.

 Anyone volunteers for this work?

 * There's a new conduit, zire71-photo, to download photos
 from the new Palm Zire 71 handheld.

--

 Alessandro Zummo,
  Tower Technologies - Turin, Italy