[coldsync-hackers] FreeBSD + m500 (USB) = pconn_usb_open: Can't get information about USB device.

When trying to get coldsync to talk to my Palm m500 through USB I get
the following:

  > coldsync -p /dev/ucom0 -t usb -mI
  Please press the HotSync button.
     [I'm pressing the hotsync button]
  pconn_usb_open: Can't get information about USB device.
  ioctl(USB_GET_DEVICEINFO): Inappropriate ioctl for device
  Error: Can't open connection

Maybe this is a purely FreeBSD problem, but I'm new to FreeBSD and
have not found anything about this, so I post it here for you guys.

I'm using /dev/ucom0 because I could not get any type of response on /dev/gen0.

I have the following in my /etc/usb.conf:

# Added this entry for test, values provided by usbdevs -v
device "Palm m500"
        devname "ucom[0-9]+"
#        devname "ugen[0-9]+"
        vendor  0x0830
        product 0x0001
        release 0x0100
#        attach "/usr/local/bin/coldsync -md -p /dev/${DEVNAME} -t usb"

(I'm sorry to have filed a bugreport before mailing this.)

/mac