From: owner-coldsync-hackers@lusars.net
[mailto:owner-coldsync-hackers@lusars.net]On Behalf Of Andrew
Arensburger
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 10:16 AM
To: coldsync-hackers@lusars.net
Subject: Re: [coldsync-hackers] Coldsync install on Linux

On Fri, Feb 01, 2002 at 03:35:31PM +0100, wojtek wrote:
> Brian Johnson wrote:
> >The line in the README.daemon file doesn't work - not surprising (it's
for
> >FreeBSD not Linux)
> >
> >I've been trying this variation
> >C2:23:respawn:/usr/local/bin/coldsync -md -t serial -l /var/log/palm
ttyS1

> I have line like this:
>
> PO:23:respawn:/usr/bin/coldsync -s -t serial -d sync:8 -l
> /var/log/coldsyncd -md ttyS1
>
> and it works

	The main difference I see between Brian's and Wojtek's
versions is the order of the arguments. This shouldn't matter, but as
a matter of style I suggest putting "-md ttyS1" at the end.
	(This is because it might be useful at some point to have
mode-specific options. Currently there are no global options that
might be confused with mode-specific ones, but if there ever are, the
obvious way to handle them will be to declare that anything before -md
is a global option, and anything after -md is mode-specific.)

	You (Brian) may also want to turn on debugging. Try "-dsync:5
-dmisc:5" for starters. The debugging messages should go to
/var/log/palm . These should include a summary of the options ColdSync
thinks it's been given (look for "Options:" at the beginning of the
line). In daemon mode, it'll also print the port it thinks it should
be syncing on (look for "Port specified on command line").
	This will hopefully provide some clues.

--
Andrew Arensburger                      This message *does* represent the
arensb@ooblick.com                      views of ooblick.com