Re: [coldsync-hackers] Sony Clie USB support

Greg> On Wed, Jun 13, 2001 at 02:06:44PM +0200, Michael Sperber [Mr. Preprocessor] wrote:

>> Is there any hope of getting Sony Clie support into Coldsync's USB
>> module?  I guess I could probably hack it if I knew how the protocol
>> worked, but so far, I haven't exactly found an impressive amount of
>> information about it.  How would I go about obtaining a protocol
>> trace?

Greg> As I just posted in response to your pilot-unix message:

blush :-)

Greg> Try SniffUSB which runs on Windows to get a protocol dump of the USB
Greg> data.  A link to it is on the tools page on the linux-usb site:
Greg> 	http://www.linux-usb.org/

I can do that.

Greg> And I am currently talking with someone from Sony about the Clie USB
Greg> protocol, so hopefully will have support added to the current Linux
Greg> Visor USB driver for the device.

That'd be FreeBSD support in my case, on which I could work once specs
become available.

Anyway, that sounds good.  So I guess it's best if I wait until/if
that falls through.  In that case, I'm standing by to help.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike